Hi Ian,

I cant actually find a FULL policy in NSW

https://www.planning.nsw.gov.au/policy-and-legislation/aboriginal-land-use-planning/nsw-dual-naming-policy

https://www.gnb.nsw.gov.au/aboriginal_place_naming/dual_naming

However sixmaps does find indigenous names and seems to use the reverse of
Tasmania with the English name first then the slash then the indigenous name
(search for wahluu)

Interestingly, in Tasmania the Aboriginal and dual naming layer in LIST has the
indigenous name in the ‘name’ field and a separate ‘Dualname’ field for the
extended naming. However the actual mapping shows only the dualname which
abides by the actual policy. Not all indigenous named features are dual named.

https://maps.thelist.tas.gov.au/listmap/app/list/map?bookmarkId=884426 and
click on the orange polygons

Maybe over time the dual naming will be replaced with indigenous names only,
but only time will tell. In the meantime, in Tassie, I will stick with the
options below to give data users the most options.

name=kunanyi / Mount Wellington

name:en=Mount Wellington

name:xtz=kunanyi

Does anyone know of examples overseas with dual naming?

Cheers - Phil