They responded a few days ago but, as we're travelling atm, I didn't have a
chance to do anything about it.

Their response:

"We sincerely appreciate your efforts in bringing to our attention the
organised edits rules and guidelines, of which we were previously unaware.
We acknowledge the necessity to adhere to these guidelines and commit to
creating a wiki page for our organised edits accordingly. However, we
kindly request some time to complete this task.

Regarding our compliance with other editing rules, we are confident that we
are fully adhering to them. It's important to note that our system utilises
tools that rely on OpenStreetMap data. Upon discovering numerous
discrepancies in the NSW speed zone data within OpenStreetMap, we initiated
edits to rectify these inconsistencies.

Our editing process follows a detailed verification procedure, outlined as
follows:

   1. A driver reports a speed discrepancy on a specific road.
   2. The driver report undergoes thorough verification and is escalated
   for further examination.
   3. We utilise NSW Speed Data (
   https://opendata.transport.nsw.gov.au/dataset/speed-zones) to verify the
   reported speed limit.
   4. If the claimed speed limit aligns with the NSW Speed Data, we proceed
   to update it in OpenStreetMap.
   5. Conversely, if the reported speed limit does not match the NSW Speed
   Data, we reject the claim. However, if multiple drivers report the same
   speed limit discrepancy over time, we request evidence from the drivers,
   often resulting in the provision of images depicting posted speed limit
   signs. Based on this evidence, we update the speed limits in OpenStreetMap
   accordingly.

We are eager to address any discrepancies that other mappers may have
reported concerning the edits we have made. Could they kindly provide us
with evidence to facilitate a detailed investigation? This will enable us
to reassess and update our map editing processes as necessary.

Our primary objective in making these edits is to enhance the experience of
our drivers and community. Therefore, we welcome any suggestions or further
discussion that would contribute to ensuring the accuracy of our edits."

Don't know if that answers the questions you have?

I've suggested that they set up an account here to talk about what they are
doing.

Thanks

Graeme