On 18-5-2010 2:04, Ben Laenen wrote:

> OSM just works like that: start with big things and then get more and
> more detailed. For 70% of the country Corine is better than existing
> data, and I welcome anything which is an improvement.

There is now a blanket permission from the EEA to use any data available
through the EEA website. This includes Corine Land Cover 2000

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/imports/2010-June/000594.html

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/European_Environment_Agency

I have the necessary databases set up and the relevant scripts from the
French CLC import on my computer, and can work on generating a test
import file. I could also generate an overlay showing the result of the
import file, after filtering out CLC polygons that overlap with existing
OSM polygons.

Ben had the notion that perhaps we should, before the import, delete
inaccurate polygons, especially in the Ardennes. The proposed overlays
could assist in determining whether that is necessary, and if so, at
which scale.

Now that the legal issues have been resolved, and the technical setup
has been mostly performed, the question remains about whether to proceed
with an actual import? Don't worry about it happening overnight, we have
plenty of time to discuss and review the steps involved.

--
Lennard