Ivo De Broeck wrote:
> 2010/11/20 Ben Laenen <benlae...@gmail.com>
> > If someone asks a question in Dutch, French or German, reply in the same
> > language, unless your knowledge of it is too bad to reply, then just use
> > English
>
> is that a rule??? I proposed that everyone use his mother language. The
> point is that the use of another language make it difficult to write an
> answer with all necessary subtleties, or simply make an answer.

It's not a rule, but it just makes sense from a practical point of view given
that today most people will understand English better than the other official
languages of our country. And that's also why big discussions that matter to
the entire country are preferably in English.

But you can still write in the language you want, I don't care. Just keep in
mind that a French post won't be read or understood by several Flemish people,
and vice versa, and that this problem isn't as big with posts in English.

But if someone asks for a little help in Dutch, there's no reason to jump to
English if Dutch is your mother's tongue.

Ben