I got a bit farther in my endeavour to add all rcn route nodes and relations
to network relations. This is a very big task though, and I'm getting a bit
overwhelmed, so if somebody feels like joining the effort, that would be
nice.

The following networks are ready:
Dijleland
Hageland
Droog Haspengouw

The following are WiP (work in progress);
Pajottenland
Brabantse Kouters

And then there are some for which I tried to add a sensible group of nodes,
until I hit a node number that is used twice.

What I do:

For each node, determine which ways have rcn relations.
    For each such relation
        remove name, ref and created_by tags
        note=xx-yy (with xx < yy)
        order the members, such that the way in position 1 starts at xx
        if there is a split, because of oneway streets, a roundabout or
cycle paths on both side of the road
            then label all roads in direction from xx to yy with a forward
role, to where they join again
                   then mark all roads back to the bifurcation with a
backward role
              (when following the relation from xx to yy ignoring the ways
with a backward role will get you there)

       Check that it's in fact possible to get from xx to yy. Sometimes a
tiny part of road is missing, or chunk of road needs to be split off.

Trying to determine wich ways belong to a specific network is probably the
hardest part. In part because that task has not been made very simple by the
people who assigned those numbers.

Once I have a set of nodes that seem to belong together, I use a Python
script I created, to add all the relevant relations automatically. This
creates duplicates though, which need to be removed manually, but that is
less effort than adding all the relations manually.

Before uploading I also tend to check for license compliance. If the people
of Fietsnet are going to be using our data, it's not done that part of the
data drops into an abyss...

I'm also creating a Python script which will be able to validate that
continuity of the route relations, as I already did for a subset of the
routes of De Lijn. OSM data is somewhat fragile in the sense that people
split and recombine ways without taking into account the effect this may
have on route relations and I'd like to be able to detect that
automatically.

Here's hoping somebody will take an interest in helping out...

Jo