Such a road will also be a member of two associatedStreet relations.
I've been mapping one like it in Schriek. Near the Schrieksesteenweg.

It starts as Langstraat, then is Langestraat on one side and
Langstraat on the other. Then it's Langestraat on one side and
Schrieksesteenweg on the other. To make things worse there are also
side streets and even 2 houses at the end of one dead end street that
belong to the other...

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.02218&lon=4.73284&zoom=15&layers=M

During my latest editing session, I put the addr:housenumber tags on a
node on the outlines of the buildings, as they do in France and in
Germany, . Is that a good way to do it?

This node also has a tag entrance=main and it is part of the
associatedStreet relations.
The building outline closed ways have source=bing2011(;survey) and
building=house, if they are houses

Jo