On 2012-11-08 18:58, Jo wrote :
On talk-fr he's such a know-it-all, but not all of his 'wisdom' is always appreciated, to put it mildly. There's a bit too much of it too. Impossible to read all of it, even if one would try.
Anyway, Belgium's situation is complicated enough without him coming to introduce errors.

Would I write a message to him, or could somebody who speaks French properly/natively do that?
know-it-all is the right word if you add arrogant.
I've had an off-track discussion where he methodically denied every word I said.
He said that the Julian calendar has no leap years, that there are no negative dates (would we be in year 13 700 000 000 ± ?) that the Romans had no number 0 because they used negation (yet in my mind, nihil positively means 0, what they lacked is the digit 0) etc...

He almost called me a twit.  To which I would answer with the French word twat ;-)
You just can't debate, even less compromise with him.