On Monday 12 November 2012 14:55:00 A.Pirard.Papou wrote:
> While dealing with borders, I discovered this unidentified multipolygon
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/150921> fortuitously.
> Then I loaded the members and I found landuse = forest on one, that
> makes it correct on the map.
> Isn't landuse = forest supposed to be tagged on the relation instead?

There always have been two methods of doing this since multipolygons were
invented: tagging the relation, or tagging the outer way. Tagging the relation
is somewhat prettier indeed.

> One of my messages is to beware of Bing.
> At higher (closer) zooms, it may have in some places an erroneous offset
> <http://www.google.be/search?&q=bing+offset+%28higher+OR+lower%29+zoom>.
> I think that the lower zooms are always the correct ones.
> JOSM allows to set an offset to compensate.

One always have to be aware of possible offsets in the imagery, but in Belgium
I think it's all pretty good. I've actually never even encountered a place
where one has to re-align the images (which doesn't mean there aren't any of
course).

Long time ago I checked a few of the national geodetic points and see how they
align with the imagery, and the result was "very good".

Ben