Thanks for your help Jo,

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 1:33 AM, Jo <winfi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi eMerzh,
>
> I'm sorry, you ended up on the todo / procrastrination pile.

No problems ;-)

> I looked at your files and you have the building shapes converted
> already... great! I'd like to learn how you did it.

I'm not a qgis expert so it may not be the best/easiest way but :
i've open the .shp files as a vector layer,
then i did a count of address in the building polygons (Vector > analysis >
pt in polygone)
then i save all building with 1 addresses in anither shape file ,
then i did a datamanagement tools > join by location to put address
attributes in the building.

Then saved the shape as a WGS84 and i opened it in josm  ... a few
attribute renaming and i saved it in .osm.. and voilà :d

> I would have added associatedStreet relations to the osm files as well.

mmm yeah ... unfortunately i don't see how i can do that

Combine addr:street:fr and addr:street:nl in addr:street or omit it/them
> altogether.

yes i know that usually we only have addr:street but as in BXL we (don't
know who :p )  decided to set the street name as it come from the mapper
(fr-nl or nl -fr ) it's really hard to discover...
if i don't set it we will not have the relation to the street anymore :s
If somebody knows a better solution?

> Since most buildings are houses, I'd use building=house.

mmmh do not really agree on this one ...
for me building = yes is more generic ... if we know it's house then ok
let's change it, but let's not put house everywhere and make the value
"house" equivalent to "yes"

> Lots of houses were already drawn in Brussels. Do you plan to
> integrate/reusing the existing nodes? Or simply replace what was already
> there, making sure the shops and amenities get transfered properly?
>
> Jo
>
> Again on this one, i think it will be really hard to merge the nodes of
existing houses... and to see what's already beneath is not easy either ..
Most (all?) of the building in BXL are traced with bing which is really
inaccurate (at least all the building i did are like this : etterbeek,
ixelles, ..) and i'm in favor of a ***carefull*** !! remove and replace
with merging of amenity, ...

the integration will be slow but ...

what are you thinking?
any one else on this topic?
let's discuss it here before someone start by himself without discussing it
here.