On 2013-07-25 10:16, Teddy wrote:

2013/7/24 Kurt Roeckx <k...@roeckx.be <mailto:k...@roeckx.be>>

    fire_hydrant

Hello Kurt,
No, there are 3 numbers for the offset, in the tag "fire_hydrant:position"
** fire_hydrant:position= lane/parking_lot/sidewalk/green; left offset;front offset;right offset

But in the official description (see below), there is no numbers at the end of the tag !

The type of material is in the tag "fire_hydrant:type"

** fire_hydrant:type=underground/pillar/wall/pond

The diameter is in the tag : "fire_hydrant:diameter"

The diameter is in the tag : "fire_hydrant:standard", DIN is the standard for Europe.

**fire_hydrant:standard = DIN

*Be carrefull, officialy, you must also use the tag :*

***amenity=fire_hydrant*

*See->**http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Fire_Hydrant#VOTE_END_UPDATE*

Rem : on fire signaling panels (Belgium, France, Deutchland) :
B is for Borne -> above ground
H is for Hydrant -> below ground

Eddy,

That is not correct.  There is a little notice that says:

The proposal moved to emergency. ? Tag:emergency=fire_hydrant

Below that someone correctly states:

"After a long discussion about the "emergency-tags" we decided to let the fire hydrants in the amenity namespace (for now).
This discussion was where? Please provide the link."

So you should not use amenity. There is also no law that says you cannot deviate from the norm. If you check the occcurences of the way I tagged the position of hydrant you will see more of those, I also frequently see discussions on the general mailing list that state the wiki is not always correct and it is lagging behind in many cases.

If you check the occurences of this tag:

http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/?key=emergency&value=fire_hydrant vs http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/?key=amenity&value=fire_hydrant

I think it is safe to say you should keep using emergency.
[...]

Glenn

Glenn