2013/8/28 Julien Fastré <jul...@fastre.info>

Dear Julien and Pierre,

Much thanks for the meeting with the firefighters and the report. Very
interesting. If these people start to use OSM, this is a real plus. Many
people will agree to support and use OSM if this can benefit the
firefighters (anyone of us can once benefit from faster firefighters !)

> What do you think ? Do you agree on this work ? Some volunteers ?
>
> In the school where I teach (école supérieure d'informatique, Brussels)
the students in 3rd year must do an internship of 15 weeks. They can
program (they have learned java, assembly, C++ and can do by themselves
python ou php if needed) . I must submit ideas and proposals for these
internship by Sept 5, 2013, the interships beginning only about Feb 1st,
2014. The only requests we have is that the trainees work in a «normal
working environnement» (= be provided a desk), and work under the
supervision of a professionnal computer scientist (= someone who can attest
that he can program and monitor the work of the trainee).

I would very much like to consider with any of you subjects (like the ones
proposed by Julien or others) for such internships.

If I could get the coordinates of the firefighters in Namur to propose them
our trainees, I would also love to. (even better if ths work integrate
nicely with OSM and use/develop free software)

Regards,

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Pettiaux - +32 496 24 55 01 - http://rmll.info - http://lepacte.be