On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Glenn Plas <gl...@byte-consult.be> wrote:

> On 2013-09-25 19:01, Marc Gemis wrote:
>
>> This is triggered by the note on OSM http://osm.org/go/0EpKQJ4xd-
>> It requests that Muizen (part of Mechelen) is indicated.
>> Muizen is already on the map, a few kilometers to the east.
>>
>>  Marc,
>
> I'm from this area, I know it well.  Muizen's borders aren't too far away
> from that location.  The centre is indeed a few km off.   Zoom out a
> little, move some to the right you'll see the Planckendael domain, which is
> muizen for sure.  You also see the muizenstraat below (although that's
> right on the mechelen/hofstade border, that street is hofstade , I'm pretty
> sure, I surveyed that area by car long time ago to test GPS units), it
> might be partially Mechelen (not sure) that street (by heart).
>
> But I'm also pretty sure that everthing south of 'Leuvense vaart' is
> definitely not muizen. (but parts of it might be mechelen, depending on
> where you stand)
>
> Glenn

That's exactly the reason why I didn't want to start working on fixing the
note. It can only be fixed when I/we know the exact border.
I can probably do that with the resources that others gave before (thanks
everybody !), but it's not high on my priority list.

 regards

p.s. my wife followed a course with one of our dogs in Muizen, so I did
some survey work there as well :-)