On 2013-10-25 08:55, Glenn Plas wrote :
> It looks better too when the housenumber is nicely centered on the
> building way.
I also prefer, but ... generally.
Not if some other writing tries to fight for the center room, not if
there are several numbers for the same way, not if it's a corner house
and you want to make it very apparent to which street it belongs, not if
you want to indicate an unusual entrance position... There's a huge
number of systematic node addresses in France. A matter of convenience.
Sounds like discussing the sex of the angels.
I would much more prefer GPS routes, n° 1 app, not sending cars or
bicycles where they shouldn't go.
Numbers are great: "You arrived at your destination", facing the number,
wherever it is.

Cheers,

André.