On Wednesday 04 December 2013 13:49:56 Marc Gemis wrote:
> Today, I did my first attempt add adding a boundary. The boundary is for
> the deelgemeente Muizen near Mechelen. The changeset is
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/19271107
>
> I used http://gisgeoloket.provant.be/ to export a jpg file of the boundary.
> I could not use the geo information that was generated by the file,
> probably due to a different projection. I then used JOSM + PicLayer plugin
> for positioning the exported jpg-file manually. Then I tried to trace the
> border.
>
> Please comment on the method and the result

I've been looking at it, the tagging seems correct, however the positioning
was a little bit off. For example, you moved this node over here
http://osm.org/go/0EpKR9L0G-- about 50 meters to the north west which
shouldn't have been done. Hence, the rest of the border was also a bit off.
I've moved them myself to a better position.

I can't open the gisgeoloket from the Antwerp province anymore since it's
using Silverlight, but I guess you've been using the old maps to get the
boundaries of Muizen? Getting the position right is difficult with those since
features change a lot over time. I could recommend using
http://www.geopunt.be/kaart to compare different layers to get the right
alignment.

Hope this helps,
Ben