On 2014-10-24 12:20, Andre Engels wrote :
> Zeker geen "noexit=no" toevoegen. Dat is niet bedoeld voor gevallen
> waar de weg voor bepaalde groepen (voetgangers bijvoorbeeld) wel
> degelijk doorgaat (en ook in andere gevallen is het naar mijn mening
> slechts een hint voor andere mappers, geen wezenlijk onderdeel voor
> gebruikers).
>> Add hardly "noexit = no". It is not intended for cases where the way
>> for certain groups (eg pedestrians) indeed go on (and in other cases
>> it is in my opinion just a hint for other mappers, not an essential
>> part of users).
Speaking of what noexit=no is intended for rather than not intended for...
It means that a small gap in the road topology is not an error (roads
coming close to one another but not connected), that it is normal that
the cars cannot pass the gap.
It is mainly made to stop quality assurance from complaining with
unconnected ways, to stop the mapper trying to fix a nonexiting
nonexisting error and to warn the map reader that the gap is almost
invisible. Routers (GPS) do not need that tag.  It is not an access
restriction tag.
It must obviously be coded on a node, at one end of the way.

André.

  * Dutch - detected
  * English
  * French