On Wednesday 07 January 2015 18:00:53 Sander Deryckere wrote:
> Most of the railway data comes from survey, aerial images and knowledge (no
> imports, apart from Urbis, Brussels).
>
> The lines are usually mapped to the pair of rails (even showing the
> switches in most cases), and many lines have extra details s.a. gauge,
> voltage or maxspeed. But those are not rendered. Mapnik rendering does
> differ between major lines and service lines.

I'm in the process of reviewing (and for the most part redrawing) the entire
rail network in Flanders (to begin with, if the aerial imagery of Wallonia is
good enough, I may extend it a bit that way, I've done all of West-Flanders
and most of East-Flanders so far. It has slowed a bit since I don't have a lot
of free time at the moment, but I hope to continue soon. If you come across
some loose ends, that's where I'm at. Sources are the AGIV imagery, but I have
a bit more knowledge about it since I'm an actual train driver. I try to work
as accurate as possible, but it's a huge task (and I still have to do the
entire port of Antwerp, ugh)... In the process I'm also adding maxspeeds,
proper line refs and station/yard/junction names and codes, so you get nice
maps on
http://www.openrailwaymap.org/?lang=en&lat=51.02844005602989&lon=3.49365234375&zoom=9&style=standard

On that aspect, I'm currently tagging everything except the industrial line as
main line, and never branch line. Infrabel doesn't really make a distinction
there, and I feel like creating one will just be too subjective. If someone
has a better idea, let me know.

Greetings
Ben