Could you please help me out with properly referring to
umap/maperitive? Actually I'm interested in even making a map style of
my own but I have not looked into it deep enough.

I've tried something out:
http://piratepad.net/H7J6nGybr7
You should all be able to edit this.

Thanks
Ruben/M!dgard

PS: I'm not from Ostend and the only thing I can remember doing there
was while adding all the beaches in Belgium, back in my very early
days. ;)