Tryton has no front-end that I know off, their focus is desktop client
last time I evaluated.  open-erp I have it somewhere...  I have mixed
feelings about it and concern about the code as well.  They sure like
the global scope... I didn't audit in depth.

If tryton has a decent API, with a webinterface that would be progress.
 As always, try it.  (or try to get it installed/working 1 time).

I dont like the fact that openerp (odoo) their multicompanyview with the
view at the time that made it impossible to have a parent/child relation
for a holding company.  So you could not assign 1 user to 2 different
companies that are a child of the same parent, because you can't inherit
from sisters/brothers.

That limited our use severely.

Glenn

On 17-03-15 23:55, Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:
> Le mardi 17 mars 2015 à 10:11 +0100, Julien Fastré a écrit :
>> Jo: Odoo is an ERP: do you think we have the need for accoutancy,
>> products management,  ??
>>
>> We run Odoo at Champs Libres and the problem is their model is quite
>> closed. Of course, the code is open source, but they regularly decide
>> that their software need an "upgrade", and the upgrade cost a lot of
>> money (around 1k€)...
>
> this is what I think and also the reason why the gnuhealth project
> dropped openerp/odoo in favor of tryton.
>
>> Not affordable for us: we are considering to migrate to tryton
>> (http://www.tryton.org/)
>
> I know personnally the people behind tryton (A small team of 3 from
> Liège). Very nice people, with a larger international team and a
> foundation. They do free software the proper way. By the way, 2 of them
> have worked for openerp ... and have left before forking the code.
>
> Have a good night,
>
> Nicolas

"Everything is going to be 200 OK."