On 2015-07-24 08:55, Marc Zoutendijk wrote :
>> Op 24 jul. 2015, om 07:16 heeft Marc Gemis <marc.ge...@gmail.com> het
>> volgende geschreven:
>>

>> Joost Schouppe heeft eventjes een vergelijking gemaakt voor Antwerpen:
>> slechts 37 van de 294 bakkers zouden gemapped zijn.
>>
>> Dus als POIs je ding zijn, dan mag je gerust zijn, er is nog werk genoeg :-)
>>

> En met openpoimap (http://openpoimap.org) kun je ze ook mooi zichtbaar maken:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17226226/OSM/bakkersantwerpen.png
>
>> Joost Schouppe ran a test on bakeries in Antwerp. Only 37 of the 294
>> bakeries are mapped.
>>
>> So, when you love to map POIs, you'll still have plenty of work :-)
>>
> openpoimap (http://openpoimap.org) is a great tool to show them all:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17226226/OSM/bakkersantwerpen.png
>
> Marc.
Lovely, welcome info forwarding, Marc.  And congratulations !!!

Impressive but ouch, Marc #2, they use overpass, and extensively.
If everybody were using their page much, overpass would soon be on their
knees.

I think that how to use POIs should be thought out before making them.
It's great how a GPS uses a selection offline and how a Web display
could do the same.
But they use predetermined kinds of POIs that they selected as data they
store locally.
May I recall another approach that I presented as a way for OSM.be to
make money.
For each "customer" or usage, a POI list is built that contains the IDs
of the OSM elements + icon URL.
The server whose task is to display the map + POIs can fetch the list
from any URL.
http://server  http://list
node/way/area ID icon_URL
For speed and to spare the sources, it can build a cache.

Cheers

André.