Indeed, there's only one Belgian road number on a road, and for the
Antwerp Ring this is R1, not A1 which is completely wrong. If two
numbered roads join for a while before separating again, then only one
number is used for the shared part (as opposed to the Netherlands
where they can put multiple numbers on a road).

About the E-numbers, the Ring is part of some of them, although we're
in Belgium in this special situation where we're using E-numbers of
motorways as the main reference, but never use them on the R-roads. So
it's correct but a lot of people think it's odd that the Ring would be
labeled E19 and E34.

Ben