On 08-06-16 21:24, Marc Gemis wrote:
> I wonder how I can express this with an Overpass Query, especially
> when the amenity is mapped as a point in the separately mapped
> building.

Something like this:

ql:

node({{bbox}})[amenity];is_in;
(way[building](pivot);>;);out;

or my prefered xml notation:

<!--
Find amenity's in buildings (or on the edge)
-->
{{key=amenity}}
{{val=fast_food}}
<osm-script>
  <query into="_" type="node">
      <bbox-query {{bbox}}/>
      <has-kv k="{{key}}" v="{{val}}"/>
  </query>
  <coord-query from="_" into="_" lat="" lon=""/>
  <union into="_">
    <query into="_" type="way">
      <has-kv k="building" modv="" v=""/>
      <pivot from="_" into="_"/>
    </query>
    <recurse from="_" into="_" type="down"/>
  </union>
  <print e="" from="_" geometry="skeleton" limit="" mode="body" n=""
order="id" s="" w=""/>
</osm-script>

http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/gHI

Still wondering why it comes back with a building in the airport but not
a visible node inside it, but this seems to work.

Glenn

> There are some other aspects that we do not cover with the current
> tagging: seating, only take away, more restaurant-like (e.g. also
> serving steaks) and probably other aspects. (inspired by what Sander
> wrote recently as comment on some diary entry).

I feel like we are indeed missing tags to further detail this.  We could
expand on the cuisine tag is that is an options(or logic) like
cuisine:seating=15
cusine:takeaway=yes

Just freewheeling here.

Glenn