Jasper,

As you can see on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Destination_details,
there are some internationally known icons.
The one for "recreation park" (chair, parasol, sun) is the first one I
was looking for. I've seen some variants with and without a mountain.

Apparently, the ones used in Germany are available somewhere on
Wikipedia/Wikimedia.

I would say, go ahead, make some and donate them to Wikimedia :-)

regards