> It's not limited to newbee's ... Check leisure park-use in centre of
> Brussels: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/lxP
>
> a stretch of grass doesn't make it a park me thinks.

Well, that's a different kind of problem asking for a different approach.
There's a huge tagging discussion going on on that very subject. Here it's
trying to find consensus and trying to convince mappers to map according to
that consensus.
(there's always going to be some data-wrangling involved when using OSM
data. Try and make a landuse classification for Belgium, and see what to do
with landuse=grass, natural=grass, landuse=meadow, landuse=farmland +  some
other tags etc)

The other is removing LOL-parks from the dataset :)

--
Joost Schouppe
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |