Hi Frank,

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 21:06:54 +0200, Jakka <vdmfrank...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where can I see and read what is the correct spelling of the E and other road
> network like A? Is there a space between the letter and number?
> The wiki pages
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Europe/E-road_network and
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_E-road_network are not clear
> about that...
> See the mapillary https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/vEtPrDgYQ9nVD2kfehABQg
> example: there are no spaces so should we adapt all those tags?

I believe our local refs are without space (so "A17", "R0", "N540"). Our
signposting for international refs doesn't use a space either (E40), or
sometimes a 'thin space' (E 40). I've never seen a full space (E 40).
On their site[1], the Flemish Agency for Roads and Traffic (AWV) consistently
uses no space for both local and E refs. So I'd be inclined to say it's without
space.

> I see that most of int_ref is with space and ref and nat_ref without? But not
> always...

A few years ago, a French mapper came along and mechanically edited int_refs in
Belgium. I asked them to stop but their changes were never fully reverted, so
there are still int_refs with a space in Belgium.
I think it would be safe to remove the spaces mechanically, as it would
actually be reverting an earlier unauthorized mechanical edit. What do you
think?

[1] https://wegenenverkeer.be/

Cheers,
Ruben