At first I was going to agree with Tim and s8evq but hey, the world is changing
and from an user perspective, having itineraries on the map is a plus, wether
they are signposted or not. I personally never follow sign posts, I just follow
‘a' route on my OSM-sourced GPS.

Regarding the question "what should be mapped or not", I believe the
itineraries should appear in OSM only if their are proposed or designed by an
official operator, not mr nobody. That’s enough to keep quality, not staying
aside nice initiatives (even if virtual), and stay close to exhaustive when it
comes to official itineraries.

After all, a route, sign posted or not, is in a sense always virtual.

Matthieu