Hi all,

I wanted to give everyone a heads up, before i add stuff to the main page.

I discovered that from looking at other countries pages, that we don´t have a
chart listing of the national projects, and points to be added.  .. I´ll start
working on it some more, and refine the goals section.

Please chime in where necessary. There is also wikitravel, where i plan on
posting information about bicycle touring and routing in Canada. .. feel free
to let me know if im going off topic. .. .as some information could go onto the
travel section, as it is important that it stays on topic ... (i have a
tendency to drag on...lol)

FYI:  Im sending this out here, as my project involves going into just about
every town in Canada, and setting a relation tag for the trans Canada trail,
seeing that its consistent. ..
Id also like to be setting an Across Canada Trails Relation tag to
roads/trails/paths all the way along.  (I hope my project page is now becoming
clearer??)

My assumption is that i need to have the roads/paths intersecting before i can
set the relation.

One idea i had was to include bus routes along with the road relations.. so
some road would have many relations listed. .. perhaps the greyhound bus
route?? (it talks about it on wikitravel)

Garmin GPS Map & OSM:  From googling im finding that its possible to have a
live OSM feed on your cellphone ..as well as possible to get Garmin IMG files
of the various spots.  So you can see which places have been taged, and what it
left todo. .. so it appears that OSM is becomming more and more popular. ..
Cool.   >  This also means that my focus can be more on the Actual routing, and
seeing that each section along each of the trails/routes it adequately covered.
Does anyone know if its possable to export a specific type of POI as a GPX? ..
as id like to ensure that the files i use (like the greyhound bus) shows the
icon image, and is also in the right place, so when the user clicks n it they
get the OSM information)

Free Topo Maps of Canada:  Im wondering if it would be ok to post onto the main
Canada page, that since canada has released the Geobase maps, and a whole map
of canada with all its details has already been made into a complete Garmin map
with all the squares done.  Could i add it onto the main page as a resource, so
then people can use that as a base map, while fixing up OSM? ... I dont know
how much integration is planned with the Ibycus Topo, however, using the map is
a great start for covering areas of OSM which are sparce.

Discussion Forums:
I'm wondering if you all think that its better if i post all my questions and
comments live on my user profile, so people can comment there? I figure as long
as my message is directed to all map makers in Canada then maybe its fine as it
is.

Thanks,
Sam

*****
Sam Vekemans's Facebook profile  (message me spam free and it's quickest this
way)

Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails Foundation - Tour De GPS
706 Yates Street
P.O. Box 8247
Victoria, BC
V8W 3R9