On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 01:02 -0700, Sam Vekemans wrote:
> Hi all,
> a quick question. (kind of)
>
> I think that having the tags that clearly define what the entity is;
> and how the entity is used in the source data, is something that needs
> to be kept.
>
> Here's why, it tells the user exactly what the feature is, and gives
> the user a better 'measuring stick' to decide for themselves which
> data to use; their own or this stuff.

These definitions belong in the wiki and do not belong in the
database.

Just as we do not, and should not, put instructions on how to use
Potlatch or josm inside the highway tag, we should not put these data
definitions in the CanVec tags.

Including the CanVec uuid is appropriate.  Including the definition is
too much.

Best regards,
Richard