On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Sam
Vekemans<acrosscanadatra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just to let you know i created a meetup.com group.
>
> So far, just after a few hours, 3 joined the group, there are lots of
> people around here interested in the topics that i put it under.
> I still need to fix up the description.  If anyone want to join and be
> an admin, that would help :)
>
> But this is an FYI for the list, as not everyone is around here :)
> There is a meetup group for Waterloo and for Toronto, if others want
> to create groups it might help.   I'm doing this because it seems
> easier than posting it on the wiki, as most mappers probably don't
> check the wiki that much, and probably just start mapping, and taking
> that learning curve.
>
> http://www.meetup.com/OpenStreetMap-Vancouver-Island-Mappers/
>
> http://www.meetup.com/OpenStreetMap-Toronto/
>
> http://www.meetup.com/Waterloo-OSM/

To add to what Sam said above about OSM meetup groups.

The Canadian OSM community is still small enough that I know many of
the mappers in my area.  Since creating the Kitchener-Waterloo group
last month, several regular mappers and even more folks new to OSM
have joined.  So your meetup is a way to meet other mappers and to
Create New Mappers.  And of course a way to share plans and
information about mapper your area, participating in imports and using
OSM data.

The Toronto group tends to be more OSM regulars.

Best regards,
Richard