Dear Team Canada,

;-)

So we have some addressing data in NRN and more after running
roadmatcher.  Until now we have been ignoring that data and looking to
"take care of it later" as it seemed hard to automate properly.

"balrog-k1n" on #osm IRC has written some code that creates block face
addressing using the Karlsruhe addressing[1] schema.  I think that
this might be suitable for adaptation to work with our Canadian data.
I hope that those of you who "speak python" will have a look and let
us know if this is suitable.  I also hope that somebody will just do
it.  ;-)

For motivation, there is an area of the map with addressing that was
created using this script.[2]  And there is code for web browsing [3]
And even code for downloading.[4]

balrog-k1n cautioned that the python might be a bit sub-optimal due to
lack of experience. And added,

"
add_addrinfo() is the function that does the projection, offsetting,
creates the "addr:interpolation" ways etc
"

Thoughts?

Best regards,
Richard