> This is perhaps the only area of OSM, that i dont stick my fingers
> in. :-)
> Will be great if you can solve the puzzle.
> As it would be great to be adding in that detail.

I can see why we don't tend to bulk import the statscan data;  the
streets they have defined in the areas I'm looking at don't match
reality in all cases.  That and they have house numbers defined for
some places where I know there are no houses ( in front of a big park
for example ).

I need to look at this further;  it might work best to provide a
plugin for Josm where you could work on a way and correct the
suggestions as you go.  Dunno