Yup, and if anyone wants to help out a little more, they can jump in
the #osm IRC and help out a newbie. And if your looking for Canadian
content, help man the #osm-ca IRC (i'm not always on it, and i dont
need to answer if someone else is able to).

There are 3 OSGeo groups in Canada, and they all need more OSM voices.
(BC, Ottawa, Quebec) These are great communities who can help.

And yup, host a local meet up. That is exactly how i started with OSM
& it is the network effect that is the power behind OSM.

Btw, those in Victoria. Next week wednesday 6pm May 5th @ Serious
Coffee - Broad Street. Great wifi, great atmosphere and lots of
mapping to be done. I'll have skype / IRC open so people can attend
remotly.

Sam

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blogs: http://acrosscanadatrails.posterous.com/