> Hi Tyle,
> The work you are doing is excellent, I just wanted to alert you to an
> issue with rural numbering (in case you are unaware of it).
> Our 'street' (subdivision) does not have linear numbering; that is the
> number sequence increases from the start of the road, but has gaps ie.
> 1,5,7,13,19,21.
> It seems to be in 100m's from start of road, with odds on the right and
> evens on the left. I believe that it is done this way to help emergency
> services find the correct residence in an emergency.

Hi Simon,
Thanks for bringing that up to me!  I hadn't considered that as I haven't
run into it yet in the urban areas I'm dealing with.

> There is a document from the local MD which has explanation/example
plans
> (which I have a copy of if you want it, 745kByte) or I can send you a
> lat/long to check out.

Sure, please send that information along to me and I can keep it in mind
when I get into the rural areas of Manitoba.
I haven't looked at how the StatCan data works in rural areas; they may
only have address information on the specific part of the road where its
necessary, but I'm not sure.  The complication I can see myself running
into with irregular numbering is matching where the numbered portion starts
and ends in the OSM data compared to the NRN data.  In the city the
numbering starts at an intersection and goes to the next intersection so
its easy to fit the NRN interpolation ways into the OSM data, even if
they're not the same size/shape as the OSM data   If there is a segment of
addressed data in the middle of a rural road it might be fun to try and
figure out where that maps to in the OSM data.  I'll have to look at the
NRN data more closely to see if I can find an instance of this in Manitoba.

Thanks!
Tyler