Bonjour à tous,

We are still on schedule for Canvec.osm product.  We should be able to start
the production later next week.  Each NTS will be tiled using a quadtree
algorithm. A tile splits when there is more than 25K nodes in it.

Each tile is named after the dataset name + tiling subtree.  Subtree naming
convention is  0=SW, 1=NW, 2=NE, 3=SE.  Each subtree level is separates with a
"." - like in 021E05.3.2.1

Example:  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CanVec#Canvec_Product_-_Osm_format

Regarding splitting threshold, 50K nodes is Osm xapi maximum.  With 25K nodes I
make sure you can add all the stuff you have/that is already available over the
area before uploading it.

Cheers,

Daniel