On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 11:40, Sam Vekemans <acrosscanadatra...@gmail.com>wrote:

> cool, does it have the ability to saveAs .shp? :)

Not yet. GDAL export (i.e. SHP, GML, KML, you name it, is coming...)

> What is the maximum file size that it can handle?

The size of your RAM. I don't know what your gml's are made of but importing
a whole city should work.

> unlike josm, where i can pump up the ram that the program uses, is
> there a way to make it use more resources?

See above. Merkaartor is a native program, so it can uses whatever resources
your machine has.

If you send me one of the gml, I could tell you if Merkaartor can handle it.

- Chris -