In Vancouver, from Hwy 1 heading west onto Brunette Ave heading
southwest, the routing software advises to take the offramp going
north onto Brunette, then do a u-turn at the Brunette/Bernatchey
intersection in order to head south on Brunette. However, if one were
to continue along Hwy 1, there is a proper offramp to go south on
Brunette. Judging by the map, it looks like the u-turn method is
actually shorter in terms of distance, so this is what the routing
software chooses to do! (plus the Brunette/Bernatchey intersection is
an H style [Brunette being the dual-way], so the software doesn't see
it as a u-turn). A no_u_turn relation would fix this issue, but I'm
not sure if u-turns are actually restricted there.

Also, the routing software attempts to use ferries if it needs to, but
doesn't seem to be using the Horseshoe Bay (Vancouver) <-> Departure
Bay (Nanaimo) route even though it all seems okay in data.

Adam

P.S. pnorman is my hero for the following tag: note=Yes, this track
does overlap a road
It's nice when people explain their odd ways of mapping (a rail and a
road overlapping ways in this case).