> Hi Tyler,
>
> I work for Winnipeg Transit and am the current maintainer of the GTFS export.
> While I can't speak to the quality of any of the GTFS importers, GO_Sync
> looks pretty comprehensive, and our GTFS feed should contain all of the data
> they mention. If you or somebody else does end up trying some of the
> importers and either have questions about or run into any issues with the
> data, I can try to resolve them.
>
> We also have an internal inventory of amenities like benches and shelters
> provided at each stop, but we don't export that yet via either our API or
> GTFS feed (though I'm open to suggestions on what formats to use for this
> data if it would be useful to export it).
>
> - Doug

Hi Doug,

I gave GO_Sync a shot and it doesn't appear to work for Winnipeg.  :)
Things can never be this easy I suppose.  I'll crack out the code and
figure out why it's not working -- it looks like a GoSync issue so
far.  Ultimately I like their approach of being able to re-sync with
new GTFS exports as they become available.  Much nicer than manually
merging.

Thanks for the offer on help with the data; I'll let you know if I run
into any problems with the data.

The shelter and bench data would definitely be useful to export; these
are attributes that can be included along with the stop data in OSM.
I imagine a simple extension to GTFS would be sufficient.  Really all
I'd need is a list of stop id and feature pairs.

Thanks,
Tyler