lanes=* and surface=* are present in BC (e.g. 092G02)

surface=unpaved is wrong for the most part - they're generally paved back
lanes.

From: Begin Daniel [mailto:jfd...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:33 PM
To: rich...@weait.com; harald.kli...@mail.mcgill.ca
Cc: talk-ca@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-ca] Canvec 7 and lanes=-1 / surface=unpaved

Hi Richard
AFAIK the lane=* has never been used in Canvec. I know that the
surface=unpaved has been used in the Canvec product as unknown value but
only in Quebec. Never in other provinces.
Cheers
Daniel

> Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:50:37 -0500
> From: rich...@weait.com
> To: harald.kli...@mail.mcgill.ca
> CC: talk-ca@openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [Talk-ca] Canvec 7 and lanes=-1 / surface=unpaved
>
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Harald Kliems
> <harald.kli...@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > can someone please tell me what's up with the lanes=-1 and
surface=unpaved tags on most roads imported from Canvec 7? I didn't find any
information on the Canvec wiki page. Do those tags stand for "number of
lanes/surface unknown"? Wouldn't it then be better to remove them with a bot
(at least the lane tags; with the surface ones it'll be tricky to
distinguish between actually unpaved roads and import errors). Sorry if this
is an old, already resolved issue -- I just couldn't find any information
about it and come across it all the time.