i wrote a josm plugin that does all the math and marks the border of every canvec tile some of the tiles match my grid perfectly, and match eachother with no overlap or gap
other tiles are offset slightly and dont fit the grid or eachother

by checking the grid in my plugin, i can tell which node is in the 'correct' spot, because the canvec edges are always a certain fraction of a degree