Tom

After these discussions, I looked for information to review and eventually
improve my GPS measurements.

If your GPS is a Garmin, the wiki page
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Garmin may help you to find information
about your GPS.

For my Etrex Vista HCX, various options are proposed to have better
measurements.

Verify if your GPS as the WAAS option. Measure more often, in seconds or
meters. And it is suggested to deactivate the option Lock on road.

Pierre