It is simple to do for a user database. From JOSM, you can simply save an OSM
file. It is also possible to convert to a shp file or other formats. It is then
easy to define a page using services such as Mapbox or or API's such as
Openlayers or LeafLet.

For community database, there may be many solutions more or less complex to
store, manage and read the data. I am not an expert at these, but I have once
developed one simple solution that works for managing collectively a list of
POI's. Data was stored in a Google Doc Spreadsheet and converted to be read by
map API's.

Pierre