Folks

I'm just a casual editor who cleans up things I know first hand in a few small towns and a small city. So I went to Landmark, Manitoba and saw an interesting, irregularly shaped out-of-date/incomplete polygon that was added. I don't recall seeing it when I last visited there several months ago but who knows.

Residential Area - Source - NRCan-CanVec-7.0

This appears to display a shaded area on the user viewable map.

The problem is that this is very much out of date or incomplete. Furthermore, for that village/hamlet it's mostly nonsense. Main street, which is the highway running north/south through Landmark is the commercial/industrial road through town although there are houses interspersed among the retail and commercial buildings and feed mill. Furthermore the residential area goes 1.5 blocks west and a few blocks east. So it might as well not even exist.

Now judging on my memories of that village/hamlet it is probably at least ten years out of date.

Does it serve any useful purpose? Is it safe to delete that polygon or will it come back on some re-import in the future.

Tony