On 2013-06-13 21:20, Guillaume Pratte wrote:
> Hello Fabian,
>
> I am indeed on this list. I am also the author of osmtl.org (and its
mirror site openstreetmap-montreal.org).

> I have created this web sites in order to easily communicate the
OpenStreetMap activities I have organized up to now. It is a simple
WordPress site, and I hope to put content on the site to the benefit of
activities organized in Montreal.
Thanks for clarifying this.

Too bad this was done w/o consulting this list. I got your off-list
explanation of this, regarding the media opportunity and interview that
provoked this, and I understand the context.

It's not ideal, but I guess everything can't be. I still think
consolidating to openstreetmap.ca should be the goal, we should work
towards that, together, in public.

Remember we have a bad context as it is of lack of transparency and
private deals here in Montreal, we don't need more confusion.

> I would like to help with the organization of the Birthday party in
August, but I would like to propose to move back the date by one week. I
know of many persons interested in OSM that will be present at PyCon in
the weekend of August 9-10, and I think there will be more people coming
to the party if we hold it the weekend after.

> What do you think?
>
> I could not be there tonigth at the Geo 5 to 7, so I hope to catch
another occasion to talk with you guys soon.

Yes, I think that would be a better date, I had other comments about the
date not being ideal either, on the Facebook group for example.

I'll have more time for this during the week.

F.

> Le 2013-06-13 à 02:17, Fabian Rodriguez <magic...@member.fsf.org> a
écrit :

>> On 2013-06-12 22:16, Immanuel Giulea wrote:
>>> There is now a website:
>>> http://www.osmtl.org/
>>
>> Strange, thanks for that information. It also redirects to
>> http://www.openstreetmap-montreal.org/
>>
>> Immanuel and I met *today* at a local event (open data, Québec/Montréal
>> ouvert), apparently the above was launched in public by Guillaume Pratte
>> (who organized a couple of events recently and is on this list AFAIK).
>>
>> I suppose he put together that site, the events he organized lately are
>> there, but there is no contact information. I wish we had know about
>> this, IMO it would belong at openstreetmap.ca - also in light of the
>> recent discussion about domains/website for OSM Canada. :(
>>
>>> The picnic idea is great. We should involve the local group organizers.
>>
>> Yes, I suppose this means you're volunteering? :)
>>
>> I am meeting Immanuel tomorrow again at another local event, so we'll
>> get back to the list with more details soon.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Fabian
>>

>> --
>> Fabián Rodríguez