On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 12:57 AM, Paul Norman <penor...@mac.com> wrote:
> I was curious how complete OpenStreetMap shop data was, so decided to
> do an analysis for some Canadian chains.
>
> The results were mixed. [Cool analysis clipped, go read it. :-) ]

Thanks for this, Paul.  It will be interesting to see change over
time, should you choose to run this again each quarter or year.

Some inconsistencies are well earned. Tim Hortons, and some other
chains have changed their names since we started mapping them.[1] [2]
If you map from survey, you might still find old signage with the
earlier version of the name.  That doesn't mean that we should
slavishly replicate Ye Olde Spellings, but might be of interest to
some.

[1]
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/the-secret-to-gaining-success-in-quebec/article1124389/
[2] http://www.copyediting.com/legend-qu-becs-war-apostrophes