HI

Currently I'm working on importing the Canvec tiles that make up Lac Seul
in NW Ontario into OSM. Importing the data as it is, split into tiles and
subtiles, is poor practice, and manually merging is time consuming and
dull. So I began using JOSM's Join Overlapping Areas feature. This tool
however requires that all ways be complete before merging. Resulting is a
100 000 node area that far exceeds JOSMs import limit and is time consuming
to split up, and slows down JOSM. Is there an faster way to split this?

Sam