Hi AJ,

Am 17.10.2016 um 18:59 schrieb AJ Ashton:
> I haven't seen any substantial discussion about the Ottawa buildings &
> addresses import anywhere. I did see the thread a number of weeks back,
> "Crowdsourcing buildings with Statistics Canada," but I didn't see
> anything discussed that sounds like the planning of a mass import. The
> wiki page linked from the discussion [0] is completely empty. From a
> changeset discussion I was pointed to another section of the wiki [2]
> which again has few details and does not sound like an import
> ("...inviting contributors to crowdsource information on buildings").
> [1]: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Ottawa_Gatineau_Buildings
> [2]:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Canada#Crowdsourcing_buildings_with_Statistics_Canada

Thank you for highlighting it.

In addition to the lacking documentation, LogicalViolinist neither uses
a dedicated account nor the import has been discussed at the Imports
mailing list (I had a look at the subjects of the last six months). He
has been informed about the Import Guideline on August 29, 2016.

I have asked a DWG member to block him to stop the ongoing import and
start a discussion.

Best regards

Talk-ca mailing list