Hi,

On 10/18/2016 07:53 PM, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Unfortunately the import was larger than expected and the revert drags
> on.

And it still does! I was going a bit slower today in order not to
overload the API.

Thank you everyone for letting the revert run its course without
intervening further. Due to the fact that I hadn't spotted the full
extent of the import initially and missed out some bits, I have to use a
slightly different procedure than usual which may in some areas lead to
- temporarily - orphaned nodes where a building way has been deleted and
the nodes still stand; but the nodes are going to go away eventually and
I'll take care not to leave anything behind.

A few smaller import changesets had a lot of "normal" edits mixed in
with the import, and I manually excluded these changesets from the
revert; this means that a few imported buildings will also remain
standing but I'd rather err on the side of caution.

I saw that there have been heated discussions in some changeset comments
about "deleting all our work" - rest assured I'm only reverting a bad
import that goes back about two weeks at most. Should I accidentally
delete something that was not part of the import, we'll get it back
after the dust has settled.

I have no grudge with the people who have imported the data; I revert
something because the process was wrong, not because I dislike the
contributor.

A large number of objects has been uploaded in these past two weeks. If
I can recommend something for future imports, try to do them in smaller
chunks and take your time. Don't pack 50k nodes in a changeset and
upload several of them per day. If you spread things out over a couple
weeks or months, you'll put less strain on the API and ensure that *if*
something turns out problematic (which can happen even if following the
import rules to the letter!) you're not suddenly looking at a revert
that goes full throttle for several days.

I'll post updates about the revert as necessary.

Bye
Frederik