Tracey,

I just want to say some of the edits are really destructive: eg entire streets are changed/removed (on campus and off campus). My automated error checking script comparing what is in the City of Ottawa street list and what is in OSM caught some errors, which I spent time fixing. Adding fire hydrants and trees in the middle of roads, tagging a street lamp as an address are other very weird things I found. The students need to pay way more attention to what they are doing.

Less volume, more quality please!

On 2017-10-10 10:25 PM, James wrote:
1. the restriction was a login(zero minute) block to grab users attention after multiple attempts trying to contact: https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/YueYuan/history#map=18/45.35567/-75.75291 so once they login and view the message they can edit again

2. They have not been editing just around Carleton Campus, there have been students editing out on baseline and other areas of Ottawa

3. I've been trying to fix them, but at 1000+ changesets this is going to be a monumental task.

I'm not trying to stop your students from contributing, but when they simply ignore advice we try to give them to correct said actions(kept contributing after multiple changeset comments: they get an email per changeset comment) we need a higher power(admins) to step in so we can discuss like human beings.