Task complete.   The multi-postal codes are tagged on buildings which may have more than 1 address.  Local mappers who are familiar with the areas should review it.   It looks like in many places imports were used which incorrectly parsed the addresses.  Many issues where the value started with 2 letters representing the province and then an incomplete postal code (aka "AA A#A").

 248803 "A#A #A#"    1455 "A#A"      14 "A#A #A#;A#A #A#"       1 "A#A #A#;A#A #A#;A#A #A#"

(my initial query was incomplete, that's why the numbers are much bigger now...
I was querying the postal codes where also there is a contact record)

On 2018-02-07 08:01 PM, Matthew Darwin wrote:

Hi all,

Below are the 10 top postal code formats in Canada as seen in *addr:postcode*. When I get bored of tidying up phone numbers, I'll tackle some postal codes.

I hope we can all agree that "A#A #A#", which is the most popular, is the correct format that should be used.  The ones that just have 'A#A' (the "Forward Sortation Area") I will leave as well.   There are more than 60 unique formats in use today.... and funny enough I see phone numbers in the postal code field.... arrh!

I am open to comments/suggestion on this, as always.

  20271 'A#A #A#'
   1454 'A#A#A#'
     96 'a#a#a#'
     37 'A#A #A# '