The wiki talks about grand ideas.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Canada/Building_Canada_2020

But what it doesn't do is give examples of how to enrich the building
outlines.

When I spoke to Stats Canada it was the enrichment that was the most
valuable  How many churches are there?  How many apartment buildings?  How
many levels (floors)?  How many care homes etc.  WiFi available?  Website?

I'd think in terms of streetcomplete an android app for filling a lot of
these gaps but there are other software packages around such as Vespucci on
android, iD on whatever iD runs on.  JOSM but you need someone present who
knows it.  It is excpetionally useful for accurately drawing building
outlines though.

I don't know what school students at various grades are capable of.

I think the wiki page would be more useful if it listed what enriching
details would be useful and how to tag them.

I would suspect that printing out a map with the buildings on it so notes
could be made in the field might be useful.

Thoughts?

Anyone with some expertise about what works for a mapathon with students?

Thanks John