Combination of bringing their own and facilitators from Durham Region using
their work laptops. To simplify things, we could set up a few facilitators with
JAVA-installed machines.

From: john whelan
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 11:54 AM
To: James
Cc: Jonathan Brown; Talk-CA OpenStreetMap
Subject: Re: [Talk-ca] BC2020 Calgary Challenges and Best Practices

So one way would be to teach a subset of JOSM?
I had Carlton mapathon with new mappers do building outlines in JOSM, its very
simple, fast and accurate a much better tool than iD for building outlines.
However it does need JAVA on the machine and a few minutes set up.
Question to Jonathon who do the machines belong to?  If its the students own
then ask them to install JAVA before they come and we can sort out some fairly
simple instructions.  If they are provided then you may need to check the
policy on what can be installed.
Cheerio John